The YouTube platform has been catering to diverse types of videos ranging from educational to absurdly nonsense themed clips. Included in their list are videos oriented for children. But since the platform does not know the age of the user watching all these videos, there are tendencies that some inappropriate clips would end up on a child’s playlist. And this is where the YouTube Kids for PC comes in.
The YouTube Kids is an app for Android and iOS that offers videos that are oriented only for children. These videos range from educational to innocent cartoons available online. But since the YouTube Kid app is only available for mobile devices, you won’t find a version for the Windows OS until now. So the SoftAlien crew will guide you on a workaround to use a full version and full-featured YouTube Kids app on a Windows platform.
Download YouTube Kids for PC
NameYouTube Kids 4.04.5Size29.81 MBRequirementWindows 7/8/10/XPAuthorGoogle Inc.
Download YouTube Kids for PC
Downloading only the YouTube Kids app will NOT run on Windows PC. You need to read the full instruction on how to properly install the file on any Windows machine.
How to Download and Install YouTube Kids for PC
We all know that Android and iOS apps are not supported natively on Windows. But through the use of Android or iOS emulators, porting an app from a different operating system is now possible. As a matter of fact, even other Linux-based emulators have emulators as well.
At this point, we will be using an Android emulator that will enable us to run Android apps on Windows. The BlueStacks is one of the most reliable and performance driven emulators available to date. Here is how to use it.
- The first thing to do is download BlueStacks app player installer from the download button below and the YouTube Kids APK file from the download button above.
- Please know that the BlueStacks app is around 400MB of file size. So downloading it should take a bit longer. To speed up the process, try using the Internet Download Manager as a download booster.
- After you finish the download, start with the BlueStacks. Double-click on the installer to initiate the installation.
- Choose your preferred installation folder or use the Windows default Program Files folder.
- The installation should take about a few minutes depending on the speed of your computer.
- When the installation finishes, find the BlueStacks shortcut key on the Windows main desktop.
- Double-click on the icon to launch the Android emulator.
- You will be required to log in your Google account. If you have an existing Google account using an Android device, use that. If none, just create a new account. This is required to access BlueStacks full potential and for you to use all Google’s features such as Google Assistant for PC, Google Duo for Windows, or Google Earth on PC.
- Once you finish the setup and reach the emulator’s main user interface, go to the downloaded YouTube Kids APK file.
- Drag the APK file and drop to the BlueStacks running window.
- Wait a few moments until you see the YouTube Kids app icon on the emulator’s list of installed apps.
- Click on the YouTube Kids app, and you are good to go. That’s it.
Download BlueStacks Installer
Features of YouTube Kids
- Shows only videos approved by YouTube algorithm as kids appropriate.
- Gives the parent the ability to block videos that they think are inappropriate for their children.
- Be able to turn on or off the Search feature within the app.
- Create up to eight profiles for your kids. Each with different preferences and videos that you want them to watch.
- Gives you access to activity history so you can review all the videos that the child has viewed while using the app.
- Stream and connect YouTube Kids app on TV (supported TV).
- Control the timer to limit the kids on the amount of time they spend on using the app. This is very helpful to make sure that your kid gets a balanced amount of activity and not stuck on just watching YouTube videos.
- Supports video reporting to give the parent the ability to report any videos that are not supposed to be included within the YouTube Kids platform.
The YouTube Kids app is a promising app for your children. But it is not perfect for now. The good news is that there is now an added feature where only human-reviewed videos are allowed to appear on the app’s playlist.
The best way to make sure that the children only see videos that are appropriate for them is to put them on a specific channel. And then, try to monitor what the kid is currently watching to make sure that he or she is not exploring a bit too much.
The app is a good start, but it is far from being safe for children. There are still some uploaders that use child-friendly cartoon characters supposedly but do a different thing entirely. And these videos often get past the YouTube algorithm. That is why human intervention is still necessary.
In today’s question, do you think YouTube Kids app is suitable for your kids? If not, what other alternative video platforms that you can recommend to other parents? Tell us what you think in the comment section below. We would love to know some of your ideas.
Feel free to leave comments and suggestions below. We will try to respond to them as much as we can.